Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
etplante  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 6:11:17 PM(UTC)
etplante

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I've been having problems with my dryer recently. About six months ago it stopped drying but after about a week it started drying again. In the last week it's stopped drying clothes again.

The dryer turns on, blows air, tumbles fine. The igniter is glowing and it lights the burner but it doesn't seem to get hot enough or stay on long enough to dry clothes. After the initial burn the igniter doesn't seem to trigger frequently enough to dry the clothes in a normal amount of time.

I've tested the igniter, flame sensor, cycling thermostat (at room temperature) and gas valve solenoids with a multimeter. All seem to be fine. I've checked the duct for obstructions.

Any thoughts on what could be the problem or what else I can test?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:01:14 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Try to remove the vent hose from the dryer and run the dryer with out it for a couple of loads. See if that makes a difference.

Post the results.

Simon.
etplante  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:01:27 AM(UTC)
etplante

I tried running with the vent disconnected but it didn't help.

I replaced the coils (solenoid valves). The igniter was coming on and the gas was igniting last night. Now this morning when I went to reassemble everything it's not heating again. Igniter is not coming on at all.

Very frustrating because it just seems to work intermittently.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:01:21 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Check the tech sheet wiring diagram. Test all fuses, thermostats, thermistors in system. Check to see if you have 120v at the ignitor while trying to start it if you do then you may have a tempermental ignitor but if you don't have 120v then you have a bad thermostat on that circuit that is killing it or a disconnected or short in the wire from the main board to that circuit. Fridgedaires are known for having main board issues they are made cheaply.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply