Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Oblivion  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:56:33 AM(UTC)
Oblivion

Groups: Registered

It is spinning good and I cleaned all the lint out. I am not getting any error code but it is not heating up.

We had this issue before and found out it was the main plug where it connects to the dryer. It wasnt tightened good enough and came loose. That is not the issue here.

Is there anywhere I can get a diagram that will show me how to test the thermostat or at least show me where it is?

Model : GLEQ2152EE1

Also, I just noticed a few seconds ago, When I turn the dryer on, I can see something flashing behind the drum that spins. Looks like something sparking but just flashing no sparks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 3:27:35 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire GLEQ2152EE1 Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...Webster/134509400efs.pdf

[COLOR="Blue"]Is there anywhere I can get a diagram that will show me how to test the thermostat or at least show me where it is?[/COLOR]
The unit does not use a thermostat (item 15 in the Motor Parts section) to control the temperature.
It uses a thermistor and the board looks at the thermistor resistance and then uses that to turn the heat on/off.
It does have a hi-limit thermostat (item 33 in the Cabinet/drum Parts section. This should be 0 ohms at room temperature. This is a safety device and is normally self resetting. But what can happen is that if heater control fails so that the heat is always on full all the time or there is a grounded element, the hi-limit then opens/closes to control the heat. The thermostat is not made to run like this for any length of to and will eventually fail.

The unit also has a thermal limiter (fuse) (item 36 in the Cabinet/Drum section) but this will also kill power to the motor.

[COLOR="Blue"] When I turn the dryer on, I can see something flashing behind the drum that spins. Looks like something sparking but just flashing no sparks.[/COLOR]
Sorry but without being there I cannot say what this could be.
Is it possible that it is the drum light flashing.

When looking at a no heat problem it is best to start with checking the power. The motor etc. will run on half the line (120 volts) but the heating element requires the full 240.
Try flipping the breaker off/on slowly a couple times, sometimes you can loose half the line without actually tripping the breaker.
If this does nothing, check the voltage at the plug
L1 to L2 should be 240 volts
L1 to Neutral and L2 to Neutral, both should be 120 volts.
If OK
Unplug the unit and check the wires at the terminal strip in the machine to make sure none are loose or burned out
If OK
Check the power at the terminal strip.
[COLOR="Red"]Be careful as 240 volts is lethal !!![/COLOR]
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply