Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nmfnet  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 7:17:14 PM(UTC)
nmfnet

Groups: Registered

Recognized that my drum seal has fallen off. Ordered a new one, for both the front and back of my dryer but want to be sure how to replace old ones. What screws and parts of the Duet dryer do I need to take off in order to access both the front and rear for the seal replacement? Don't want to miss a screw location. Thanks for the help.:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:34:11 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The following should help even though it is for a 9200, it should be close.
https://secured.whirlpoo...64beaa/$FILE/Duetdry.pdf
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:56:52 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Originally Posted by: nmfnet Go to Quoted Post
Recognized that my drum seal has fallen off. Ordered a new one, for both the front and back of my dryer but want to be sure how to replace old ones. What screws and parts of the Duet dryer do I need to take off in order to access both the front and rear for the seal replacement? Don't want to miss a screw location. Thanks for the help.:)

First you take the top off. Then you take the screws out that hold the control panel in place, and then slide the control panel up and unplug the control board from board assembly that is mounted on the side of the dryer. Then take the bottom panel off the front of the dryer. The open the front door, and pull the filter out, and while the door is open you will see 2 phillip head screws. Remove them. Then right around the blower is a few 1/4 inch screws to remove, and then remove the bottom of the front screws. There is 1 on each side, and then remove the front. That will then give youu access to the drum. Remove the belt and pull the drum out. I will tell you this, once you put the felt seals on with the high temp adhesive, it will be best if you let in dry well for 24 hours for maxium hold. Good Luck Tom ApplianceEducator.com
nmfnet  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:09:08 AM(UTC)
nmfnet

Groups: Registered

Thanks denman and kayakcrzy! That was very, very helpful info. And so fast!! You guys are great! Now I just have to let drum dry for 24hrs!! Many thanks!:)
kayakcrzy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:46:48 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Originally Posted by: nmfnet Go to Quoted Post
Thanks denman and kayakcrzy! That was very, very helpful info. And so fast!! You guys are great! Now I just have to let drum dry for 24hrs!! Many thanks!:)

Let us know how it goes. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply