Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buddha131  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 10:55:57 AM(UTC)
buddha131

Groups: Registered

Dryer does heat for 5 to 7 seconds then goes out. I used meter to check hi limit sensor and got some numbers,but at room temp. Do I need to check this when warm? also checked both cycling thermal-stats and got no reading after unplugging all 3 wires. Also at room temp. Do the Hi-Limit sensor go bad faster than the cycling sensors? Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 12:13:13 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: buddha131 Go to Quoted Post
Dryer does heat for 5 to 7 seconds then goes out. I used meter to check hi limit sensor and got some numbers,but at room temp. Do I need to check this when warm? also checked both cycling thermal-stats and got no reading after unplugging all 3 wires. Also at room temp. Do the Hi-Limit sensor go bad faster than the cycling sensors? Any help will be appreciated.

Buddha, All the thermostats and thermal fuses, should produce a "closed" circuit when tested at room temperature with a multi meter set at the RX1 scale on the meter. Cycling thermostats are usually rated at approximately 155 degrees and Hi Limit thermostats at approximately 200 degrees(the temp.range can be found on the thermostat or the label).

If the hi limit switch is "forced to operate as the cycling thermostat, due to an air flow issue, it can and usually does weaken or fail before the cycling thermostat, after all it is a "safety" device, and not really designed for "continuous service" like a cycling thermostat. You may want to disconnect the exhaust vent from the back of the dryer and check and clean the vent system all the way out to the vent hood. A measuring cup with water heated to the temperature rating of the thermostat is a good way to test the thermostat. If all checks OK, suspect a weak set coils on the gas valve.
buddha131  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:40:24 AM(UTC)
buddha131

Groups: Registered

Did Install new coils,Still has intermittent lighting problem, On for 10 seconds then off, when it re-lights on for 2-3 sec. then off. About every 45 seconds. Driving me nuts? Thank you need your help.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 6:25:34 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Did Install new coils,Still has intermittent lighting problem, On for 10 seconds then off, when it re-lights on for 2-3 sec. then off. About every 45 seconds. Driving me nuts? Thank you need your help.

Buddha, If you've checked and cleaned the vent system and vent hood. The thermostats check proper at room temperature. Remove the front bulkhead and check and clean any lint accumulated in the outlet duct, below the lint filter. Check and make sure there are no clogs or lint built up inside the blower housing, and replace the hi limit thermostat.

Part number: AP4036956
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 6:30:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Buddha, If you've checked and cleaned the vent system and vent hood. The thermostats check proper at room temperature. Remove the front bulkhead and check and clean any lint accumulated in the outlet duct, below the lint filter. Check and make sure there are no clogs or lint built up inside the blower housing, and replace the hi limit thermostat.

Part number: AP4036956
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply