Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sasmyth  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:11:11 PM(UTC)
sasmyth

Groups: Registered

My dryer of about 13 years (stackable Frigidaire) quit heating and was making a little more noise than I liked. I opened it up and couldn't find anything obvioiusly wrong with the moving parts, but did find the coil in the heating element broken. I ordered a new heating element and replaced it.

It now heats but the noise got much worse.. and is aggravated by heat and load (can run empty without heat for 20 mins without noise, but 2 mins with heat/load an it is noisy). I ordered a rebuild kit and installed but I cannot get the front door over the (top) front felt/glides that came with the kit... the felt/glides is thicker (3/8"?) than the original (worn, but without glides) felt (1/4"?) and the front lip of the drum hangs up as I try to install it.. .previously it just slid right on.

I tried the live help and they were not able to give me any additional advice... the instructions have no specific statements about orientation but I have found images that suggest the overhang lip on the glides be oriented toward the door (away from the drum) which is how I installed it. Otherwise, I cannot guess what is holding me up?!

I can get one of the glide pads under/inside the lip but the top is reluctant and the opposite one is trying to go *outside* the lip?!

Any ideas/advice?

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.