Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AZJoeD  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 2:48:17 PM(UTC)
AZJoeD

Groups: Registered

WGD8800 Gas Dryer won't heat up. I have service manual and have followed all the tests but cannot find defective part.

Ingniter glows for about 10 secs then shuts down. All tests indicated solenoid coil, but they metered OK. In frustration I have replaced both valve coils, still no heat.

Tested each thermistor and switch all test good. Down to the CCU and the gas valve. I do not wish to throw money at this. Can the gas valve be defective? Only 14 months old. Is it more likely the CCU? Is there any way to fake out the gas valve to see if it opens?

Wife is getting angry, help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

AZJoeD  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:33:26 AM(UTC)
AZJoeD

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: AZJoeD Go to Quoted Post
WGD8800 Gas Dryer won't heat up. I have service manual and have followed all the tests but cannot find defective part.

Ingniter glows for about 10 secs then shuts down. All tests indicated solenoid coil, but they metered OK. In frustration I have replaced both valve coils, still no heat.

Tested each thermistor and switch all test good. Down to the CCU and the gas valve. I do not wish to throw money at this. Can the gas valve be defective? Only 14 months old. Is it more likely the CCU? Is there any way to fake out the gas valve to see if it opens?

Wife is getting angry, help!

Still trying. Checked voltage at valve coil, 2.55v non-running, (goes down to an unstable 1.9v running). Seems too low. Is 3v enough to open gas valve?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply