Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LA Daddy  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 6:40:29 PM(UTC)
LA Daddy

Groups: Registered

I wanted to post this in case it could help someone. I had a gas dryer that was running but not heating (not glowing or igniting). After searching online, I found out it was likely the thermal fuse and thermostat. I called someone to repair it and they wanted to charge nearly $200 to replace the 2 parts and clean everything out.
I opted to try to save money and do it myself and I'm super glad I did. I ordered both parts on this site for $30 delivered. I got them the next day even though I chose the cheapest shipping option (I'm not far from their CA warehouse). It took me 15 minutes to replace and I'm really not that handy. I used a diagram I downloaded from searspartsdirect.com which helped me find the part numbers and where they were in my dryer.

It was super easy so if you have the same problem I say try it yourself first. This should go without saying, but just make sure you unplug the dryer before you work on it to avoid electrocution.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.