Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbattista  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:39:29 PM(UTC)
dbattista

Groups: Registered

I have a twelve year old Maytag gas dryer model #MDG6200AWW, serial #31661127YZ.

About two weeks ago I completely cleaned my vent duct and added an auxiliary blower to move my exhaust air out through my roof on a single story house. The entire length of the exhaust duct is approx. 30ft. straight up with one 90deg bend at the dryer.

About a week ago the dryer began shutting off mid-cycle with its normal buzzer sound and if you try to restart it immediately it gives you the buzzer sound with no start. If you rotate the timer knob all the way back around it will restart.

I do not know if my new problem is coincidental or a result of the auxiliary blower. I have had absolutely no issues until this past week with this dryer in the twelve years that I have owned it, so I suspect it might be time for some internal parts to begin failing.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.