Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cynthia89  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:13:54 AM(UTC)
cynthia89

Groups: Registered

I can't get the cabinet open. There are two springs on the top. I can feel them with the putty knife, but can't get them to release. Is there a specific technique to accomplish this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DaveMumble  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:38:32 PM(UTC)
DaveMumble

Groups: Registered

It took me a good while to figure this out, since YouTube videos and such say you just have to release the spring clips below the dryer lid and then you can lift the lid. On my dryer, an Amana, it was different: I had to undo two sheet metal screws (hex-head, so I guess they're not really screws, but I don't know what else to call them) that were near the *bottom* of the front face. I had to lift the dryer up an inch or so to unscrew them because there were close to the floor and pointing somewhat down.

Once they were out, I swung out the bottom edge of the lower front panel, then gently pulled it down to release it. After that two more sheet metal screws became visible on the front of the dryer. Unscrewing those made it possible to pull the upper front panel (with the dryer door) down and out; there were also spring clips at the top of this panel (connecting it to the dryer lid), which might have needed loosening had I not already done this earlier.
ThatGuy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 4:43:12 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
This video will show you how to open one of the older Maytag dryers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOLs4pAGOC8
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply