Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shombalor  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 9:57:06 AM(UTC)
Shombalor

Groups: Registered

My GE Profile electric dryer, which is less than 3 years old, suddenly started to vibrate and make more noise than before. It's always been rather quiet. It only gets used for about 3 loads of laundry per week so I was surprised to experience a problem. Other than the noise/vibration everything works fine. I've checked previously and checked again when this started, and the unit is level. It's on a concrete floor.

What might be causing this? I didn't see any other posts about this model with this problem.
Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:11:00 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Most likely there is something in the blower wheel, remove the top by taking out two screws in front ( open the door and look up), then remove the front panel to gain the access to the blower.
Also could be the bad belt.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Front Panel & Door parts for GE DPSE810EG7WT - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
Shombalor  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:13:57 AM(UTC)
Shombalor

Hello Simon,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have the top off. Is the front just attached with the 2 screws at the top of the side panels? They're the only ones I see and can access. When the front comes off, do I need to worry about other parts falling off? The front looks more complicated than the top.
Thanks.
Joe
Shombalor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:34:52 AM(UTC)
Shombalor

Hello Simon,
I've gotten the top and front off. The blower fins were clogged with lint. I cleaned everything and have the front back on. However, I'm having a hard time getting the top back on. The 3 anchors on the back that the top attaches to are plastic (part of the control housing) so I'm afraid of breaking them. Is there a secret to getting the top back on?
Thanks.
Joe
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:11:16 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Remove the control panel front and solve the puzzle with both pieces loose.

Simon.
Shombalor  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:28:10 AM(UTC)
Shombalor

The control panel appears to be 1 piece. I loosened it but can't get the top back on. I've spent at least an hour just fiddling with the top. And now I've discovered that the middle plastic piece is cracked. It looks like I'll need to get a repairman here just to put the lid on.
This really seems like a poor design. I'm pretty handy but this is ridiculous.

Thanks for your help.
Joe
Simon / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:34:02 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are welcome.

Simon.
Shombalor  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:57:20 AM(UTC)
Shombalor

OK, I got the lid on and it's working fine again. I needed to remove the control panel entirely, put the top on, and then attach the control panel to the top. Which is pretty much what you suggested. The control panel is easily removed by removing the 4 screws on the back at the very top.

The actual cause of the vibration/rattling was that the fins on the blower were filled with lint. This model has a very poor lint filter system. I clean the filter after, and sometimes during, the drying cycle for each load. I do all of the laundry so I know it gets cleaned. Yet the flexible exhaust vent had so much lint in it that I replaced it entirely a week ago rather than try to clean it. And the area beneath the filter fills up with lint, too.

Anyone using a GE dryer with this design will need to take the front off periodically and clean everything that can be reached. I should add that no wiring needs to be touched when removing the front. The wires are long enough that the front can be moved to the side, allowing enough space for access to the blower and the vent system in the front panel.

I hope this helps.
Joe
Simon / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:00:22 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Thank you for shearing with us the useful knowledge.

Simon.
#10 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2022 7:11:02 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm having problems with this GE dryer. It seems like drum is vibrating at times but not for long periods. Most of the time it runs perfect, but idk maybe 15 to 20 minutes you'll hear a loud vibration for only a few seconds, it will stop, about 2 to 3 seconds, then vibrate agin for maybe 4 or 5 seconds. And sometimes it will start this vibrating monster will shake and it seems like the inner drum (the rotating part with little wings on the inside) is maybe hitting the shell or frame outside the spinning drum. When it's spinning its definitely vibrating with whatever outside of that spinning drum.
If anyone knows what I should do let me know. Otherwise I might just find whatever screwdriver I need to start taking it apart and look for what's going on. But I have no idea what the hell is going on??

Edited by user Monday, October 24, 2022 7:14:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply