Discuss

whirlpool thin twin dryer buzzes when starts but wont turn on

in

Dryer Repair

. "

My whirlpool is almost 15 years old and I have replaced waterpump 3 times already so I can replace more

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » whirlpool thin twin dryer buzzes when starts but wont turn on

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 AM

godster is on a distinguished road
Default whirlpool thin twin dryer buzzes when starts but wont turn on
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My whirlpool is almost 15 years old and I have replaced waterpump 3 times already so I can replace more parts if I really have too.

My problem is the dryer, when I press the start button it makes a buzz sound and the motor will not turn the drum, if I force the drum to turn (with a third hand) it does turn but eventually after a few minutes it stops completely.

I must add that last week is when we first started noticing that we had to keep the button pressed down a little longer before the dryer would start and it made a buzzing sound the whole time it was pressed.

Thank you for you help.

Dario

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Expert

Simon / APP Team will become famous soon enough

Hi.

You need to replace the motor. Post the model number, so I can get you the part number.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:27 AM

Thank you for your quick reply.

Model number....YLTE6234DQ0

I took the back panel off and vacumed the whole interior of the unit it was filthy, Blew air in the motor to remove any other dust inside. I turned the unit on and it worked but not sure for how long. I have a cycle going right now. I will repost if and how long it took to shut down.

Thanks!

Dario
Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 AM

OK so ten minutes in and it stopped working......tried to force it and it did about ten turns and stopped again, now it does not even make a buzzing sound when I push the button.

Dario
Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Expert

Hi.

Based on the information you provided the motor should be replaced Part number: 279811

Part number: 279811

In the future I recommend to vacuum inside just the way you did every year to prevent the motor overheating.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:29 AM

Thanks for your help Simon, much appreciated.
Where can I get a good priced motor?

I live in Montreal Canada.

Dario
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Expert

Hi.

Very unfortunately we don't ship to Canada. Check the local appliance parts stores.

Simon.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.