Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kinzie  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 4:45:50 PM(UTC)
kinzie

Groups: Registered

Hi, My dryer is having 2 problems. First it began shutting off early or not finishing the cycle. I would have to run downstairs later & turn it back on to finish drying. Now it won't always start. When I push the knob it makes a loud noise (sort of like grinding gears in a car) & won't start.

I ran downstairs to get clothes that were hanging in the laundry room and out of curiosity I pushed the knob & it started. When it shut down early then it wouldn't start again. A few days later I pushed the knob & it started. :confused: This has been going on for a month at least. I vac'd the dryer and all is clean but still it wouldn't come on. I took the knob off to clean it and when I put it back on, it started. I can turn the drum fwd & reverse easily. Any thoughts on this appreciated very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kinzie  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 7:16:57 PM(UTC)
kinzie

Originally Posted by: kinzie Go to Quoted Post
Hi, My dryer is having 2 problems. First it began shutting off early or not finishing the cycle. I would have to run downstairs later & turn it back on to finish drying. Now it won't always start. When I push the knob it makes a loud noise (sort of like grinding gears in a car) & won't start.

I ran downstairs to get clothes that were hanging in the laundry room and out of curiosity I pushed the knob & it started. When it shut down early then it wouldn't start again. A few days later I pushed the knob & it started. :confused: This has been going on for a month at least. I vac'd the dryer and all is clean but still it wouldn't come on. I took the knob off to clean it and when I put it back on, it started. I can turn the drum fwd & reverse easily. Any thoughts on this appreciated very much.

After reading lots here I think I'm understanding. Thank you for posting all this help but especially for posting about how the motor has start & run functions that are not the same. I could not get why if it runs it could need a new motor until I read about this. Next move is to hold the door switch and see if it will start.

Would not start by holding door switch, rotating drum, & pushing knob. So I don't need a new motor?
kinzie  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:00:41 AM(UTC)
kinzie

Originally Posted by: kinzie Go to Quoted Post
After reading lots here I think I'm understanding. Thank you for posting all this help but especially for posting about how the motor has start & run functions that are not the same. I could not get why if it runs it could need a new motor until I read about this. Next move is to hold the door switch and see if it will start.

Would not start by holding door switch, rotating drum, & pushing knob. So I don't need a new motor?
What do you think is wrong with my dryer?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply