Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cdrd03  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:32:08 AM(UTC)
cdrd03

Groups: Registered

I am having quite an unusual experience with my dryer. It is cycling through the settings automatically with an audible tone with each change. The cycle selection will only cycle down to touch up, but the temp and dryness selections cycle from high to low then start at high again. This is before the start button is pressed.

Occasionally everything will go off and the digital display shows --. Sometimes when it can be restarted and other times it wont respond at all. It would only do this once or twice a week until last week and now it does it all the time.

When it first started, I could press the cycle button to get it to normal selection and press start quickly. The dryer would act properly. Now when I do it the temp and dryness continually cycle for another 30 to 40 seconds and the machine shuts off.

Also....I would turn down the volume for the beeping (it was really annoying). When it decided to start cycling again the volume was all the way up. The volume otherwise stays full.

All the buttons feel like they have good action when pressed.

I have taken the device apart to get to the control board to see if anything is obviously wrong, but it looks ok. I have however noticed a diode on a plug that plugs into the control board. With the plug unplugged, the diode reads open both directions. What does this diode do? What size is it? The only indication on it is the gray band on one side. Looking at the wiring diagram, it appears to be across j11 and j12 and is called a transient volt suppressor.

So...I think that it is either the control board, control panel, diode (transient volt suppressor) or a combination of. How can I troubleshoot thees items.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated
Chuck
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.