Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BillandJane  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 6:02:18 AM(UTC)
BillandJane

Groups: Registered

I am replacing the old drive motor on my 35 year old maytag dryer. The new motor replacement is W10410999. My old motor has double yellow wires, red, black, blue and white. The new wiring instructions says to put the grey wire on the 1/4 thermal protector tab and the red (neutral) reterminate to tab 5. Since I have no grey, does the white wire go where the grey wire should? Was the white wire on the old motor part No. 303358 a neutral or not? Do I reterminate both yellow wires to one terminal? Common sense says yes as both are wired together now on one terminal. Is the white wire the L1 and the red the neutral as per the wiring instructions that came with the new motor? I just don't want to wire it incorrectly an I trust the new wiring instructions are correct. Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 12:08:32 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

The white wire is L1 and it's going to the 1/4 in terminal of the protector on the left side.
The red wire is a neutral and going to the terminal #5 after you change the terminal to 1/8 in insulated one.
The rest connect according the color code.
Open this link and read Q/A's. Part number: W10410999
Part number: W10410999

Simon.
BillandJane  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:41:47 PM(UTC)
BillandJane

Originally Posted by: BillandJane Go to Quoted Post
I am replacing the old drive motor on my 35 year old maytag dryer. The new motor replacement is W10410999. My old motor has double yellow wires, red, black, blue and white. The new wiring instructions says to put the grey wire on the 1/4 thermal protector tab and the red (neutral) reterminate to tab 5. Since I have no grey, does the white wire go where the grey wire should? Was the white wire on the old motor part No. 303358 a neutral or not? Do I reterminate both yellow wires to one terminal? Common sense says yes as both are wired together now on one terminal. Is the white wire the L1 and the red the neutral as per the wiring instructions that came with the new motor? I just don't want to wire it incorrectly an I trust the new wiring instructions are correct. Thanks for your help.

Simon,

Thanks for your help with my dryer wiring. I don't know if you can tell me, but why is the wiring instructions with the new motor different when it comes to the red and Grey (white) wire placement? BillandJane
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 8:52:56 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

The manufacturer is working on replacing this instructions at this moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Simon.
BillandJane  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 10:50:36 AM(UTC)
BillandJane

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

The red wire is L1 and it's going to the 1/4 in terminal of the protector on the left side.
The white wire is a neutral and going to the terminal #5 after you change the terminal to 1/8 in insulated one.
The rest connect according the color code.
Open this link and read Q/A's. Part number: W10410999
Part number: W10410999

Simon.

Just wanted you to know FYI, the above answer did not work for me. When I turned the dryer on it kicked the breaker. So I wired it according to the instructions that came with the new motor, switching the red and white wire and it worked. BillandJane
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 8:07:09 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Sorry. My wrong (looked at the wrong diagram).

Thank you for posting the correct answer. I've corrected my post.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply