Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pruela  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 10:10:43 AM(UTC)
pruela

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a speed queen NG4319LF. The dryer still works wonderfully, but for some reason, starting yesterday, it won't shut off at all. After the timed cycle ends, it just restarts and goes all over again. I don't really have the funds right now to be replacing a dryer, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:26:46 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The most likely problem is either the start switch or the timer. This is an older model with limited parts availability, and I have not found a source for the start switch. Replacing the timer is expensive and not gurananteed to fix the problem, so I can only suggest you look for a replacement. A good used dryer is available in our area for around $100.00 and I suggest you consider that option.

Sorry not to have better news, good luck.
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 5:24:15 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: pruela Go to Quoted Post
hello,

i have a speed queen ng4319lf. the dryer still works wonderfully, but for some reason, starting yesterday, it won't shut off at all. after the timed cycle ends, it just restarts and goes all over again. i don't really have the funds right now to be replacing a dryer, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

i would not replace the dryer. since you know what you have, and it works great. if the timer goes past off, and starts again, it would definetly be the timer. if you look at the timer, or remove it from place. look on the timer for a part # and post what you find. tom
thorning  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:11:27 PM(UTC)
thorning

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The most likely problem is either the start switch or the timer. This is an older model with limited parts availability, and I have not found a source for the start switch. Replacing the timer is expensive and not gurananteed to fix the problem, so I can only suggest you look for a replacement. A good used dryer is available in our area for around $100.00 and I suggest you consider that option.

Sorry not to have better news, good luck.

I just bought a used SpeedQueen electric dryer that is operated by a coin slide arrangement. I am pretty sure it came out of a motel. I cleaned it up and plugged it in with no major problems noted. It runs well and heats great but the timer is apparently not working properly. I can start it without putting any coins in and it also seems to run forever before it will shut off. The model number is EE2107WT. The timer makes a very faint noise when it is running but it seems very slow. I also found a small coil spring lying under the timer but cant find any place to put it. Is there any info available for this machine or can anyone help me diagnose this problem ? The dryer is in nice condition and I would like to keep it or sell it to someone who needs a good electric dryer. The coin slots all work fine but the timer initiation and shut down appear to be the problem. HELP.
thorning  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2014 12:21:12 PM(UTC)
thorning

Originally Posted by: thorning Go to Quoted Post
I just bought a used SpeedQueen electric dryer that is operated by a coin slide arrangement. I am pretty sure it came out of a motel. I cleaned it up and plugged it in with no major problems noted. It runs well and heats great but the timer is apparently not working properly. I can start it without putting any coins in and it also seems to run forever before it will shut off. The model number is EE2107WT. The timer makes a very faint noise when it is running but it seems very slow. I also found a small coil spring lying under the timer but cant find any place to put it. Is there any info available for this machine or can anyone help me diagnose this problem ? The dryer is in nice condition and I would like to keep it or sell it to someone who needs a good electric dryer. The coin slots all work fine but the timer initiation and shut down appear to be the problem. HELP.

I decided to check the timer on this coin operated machine and it appears to work but very slow. The price of a new timer assembly is over $170 . I suspect the small plastic gears inside are stripped out . I have an old Maytag rotary shaft timer and wondered if anyone on this forum has ever tried to rework a coin operated timer (2 switch version) to use a rotary shaft type and do away with the coin box ? I believe it may be possible but would like to hear from others on this possibility. This machine is in excellent condition and I dont want to scrap it but I dont want to spend over $170 in parts plus labor for a machine I bought for $50. Thanks for your input.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply