Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Quasimodo1234  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 9:53:07 AM(UTC)
Quasimodo1234

Groups: Registered

I'm out of ideas and couldn't find anything online so I thought I'd post here. Pretty standard issue, hit the start button and the dryer doesn't start (on any setting). The wiring diagram is attached.

After troubleshooting the door switch, start switch, and buzzer I noticed that the resistor on the temperature selector switch was melted. I replaced that and was surprised to find the dryer still didn't start.

I then checked the thermal fuse and double checked the temperature selector. Both checked fine. The blower didn't seem blocked but I haven't actually checked it electrically speaking.

The timer and timer motor seems to check out based on both the diagram and the steps I read online. My wife was able to 'jiggle' the knob and get the dryer to work for a short time though (I'm told).

Any thoughts? Is there a way to bypass the timer (ONLY for testing purposes, I know the dangers that causes)? That part is rather expensive and I'd like to rule it out if possible.
Any additional thoughts as to what I should test?
Quasimodo1234 attached the following image(s):
photo.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 11:14:40 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Set the timer to Timed-regular. The followed contacts should be closed: BK-BU, T-W, TM-OR.
Also, when the start switch is pressed the two blue wires contacts should have continuity (closed).
You can also check the motor by applying 120VAC directly to 4M and 5M motor contacts.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Cabinet parts for Roper RGS6745PQ0 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
Quasimodo1234  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:08:33 AM(UTC)
Quasimodo1234

I've pulled all the wires from the timer, set the temp to it's lowest setting, and put it on 80 minutes (timed dry). BK-BU and TM-OR are closed. T-W is open. Based on the chart at the top of the wiring diagram I thought that was acceptable. Why is T-W listed twice on that chart?

That diagram is a bit blurry so I have a higher res one if you need it. I can't post a link outside the site but I assume I can PM you one.

The two blue wires have 8.8k ohms resistance when I push the start button. It's open when I don't have it depressed.

It will take me a bit longer to test the blower, I'll get back as soon as I have the results.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 2:34:38 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Reconnect all the wire back and jump T-W at the timer. If the dryer starts - replace the timer Part number: 8299765
Part number: 8299765

Simon.
Quasimodo1234  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 2:58:24 PM(UTC)
Quasimodo1234

That worked. I guess that's the issue then. I'll followup on this forum post once I've replaced it. Thanks for all the help!
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 4:02:45 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are welcome.

Simon.
Quasimodo1234  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:20:24 AM(UTC)
Quasimodo1234

I put the new part in and it works perfectly. Thanks again for the information and all the help chasing this issue down.
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:32:30 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are very welcome.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply