Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
abccoy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:16:14 AM(UTC)
abccoy

Groups: Registered

First of all, I really like this site. I have lurked in the past and have found many answers to questions I have had. I didn't find a post that matches my current issue, so here goes.
My dryer started making a squeaking noise a few months ago. I found this site and searched the forums for a solution. I found it pretty quickly. I replaced the bearing slides and the rear drum bearing. I also, replaced the drum felt, although I don't think that was contributing to the noise. Once I got the dryer put back together, the squeak was gone! About a week later, it started making a clicking noise. The noise is worse if the load being dried is heavier. If we dry half a load, it isn't that bad. Any more than that and it is annoyingly loud. It kind of sounds like one of those hand-held noise makers that you spin around with your hand at a party. Clicking is the best way I would describe it.
I did notice when I was replacing the bearing slides and drum felt that the front support bearing was less than like-new. My guess is that I need to install a new front support bearing. I like to fix things when I am confident that I can. My only experience with washers & dryers is from this site, and my efforts mentioned above. I would appreciate a little feedback from those with more knowledge. Thanks for reading this!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.