Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dmikel12  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 4:01:27 PM(UTC)
dmikel12

Groups: Registered

I have an LG dle5977w dryer . All the sudden my dryer stopped heating up and the cooling light was stuck on the instrument panel. It's onlu blowing out cold air to the outside duct. it's 5 years old , so the first thing I assumed it was the heating element. So I performed a continuity test on the heating element part number 5301el1001a and for the most part I get sound coming from my tester but one spot. I'm not even sure I'm suppossed to be getting a reading from this one spot though. If you look at the part on the left side there are 3 areas where the wires plug into. I get sound on the first 3 wires which are yellow, blue, and red. Then the wires go back to the middle part of the element where there are 1 red wire and 1 white this is the part that has no continuity then the third set in the back has the same 1 red 1 white wire but this area has sound. Keep in mind there are know wires hooked up when I perform this sound test. If it's not the heating element then what other areas could I try and troubleshoot? Appreciate some help on this. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.