Discuss

How To Check Dryer Parts For Continuity

in

Dryer Repair

. "

Thermal fuse is good. Bought new circuit board as one circuit was fried, have not installed yet. Thanks for the

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » How To Check Dryer Parts For Continuity

Post New Thread  Closed Thread By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 04:24 PM

vgstein is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Thermal fuse is good.

Bought new circuit board as one circuit was fried, have not installed yet. Thanks for the help.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 AM

gls674 is on a distinguished road

does the motor make a buzzing sound for a short second before starting? if it does the motor's shot, try derailing the belt see if motor runs...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:21 AM

Checked the thermal fuse - reads good. So does flame sensor and high limit thermostat. Could not get any reading on thermister so I'm thinking of changing it just to be sure ($27). Installed new circuit board, dryer still runs w/out heat (and no glow on igniter). Has been fun looking into it anyway, took the drum out and cleaned things up. Almost ready to call the service / buy a new one.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:23 AM

No, all sounds "normal" except a) no clicking of gas sequence starting and b) after I test it and open / shut the door the timer (dryer now off) does not keep counting down.

3 hours and 1 trip tp appliance store later: The excellent staff at Fox Appliances (Atlanta) recommended swapping the relays, heat for motor, since they are the same. BINGO! The gas mechanism works!!

I still have questions. Why, if I put the "bad" heater relay into the motor place does the motor still work? Do I need to replace it? Also, I notice now that the automatic timer is not working- Dryer is drying, you open the door to stop it and close the door, the dryer stays off and the dial whcih used to wind down to "off" now sits there. Is that a problem?

Last edited by vgstein : 03-04-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgstein View Post
...you open the door to stop it and close the door, the dryer stays off and the dial whcih used to wind down to "off" now sits there...
Did you push the Start button after you closed the door?

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM

gls674 is on a distinguished road

dryer counts down on timed dry? if it does replace cycle thermo, sounds like you put the hi limit where cycle is?
Old 03-05-2009, 03:34 PM

No, but that's my point: without re-starting the dryer the timer used to "wind down" and "finish" the cycle. No longer does this but I don't know if that's something I need to be concerned about or if it's just going to be a quirk.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 PM

replcae cycle thermo - where is that located? I don't think I replaced it incorrectly, was only looking at one at a time and put them bcak where they belong.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:02 PM

dragonboy is on a distinguished road
Default No heat, but dryer tumbles and air blows.

I have a Whirlpool dryer model: lec5000pq0 and the dryer continues to tumble, but does not stop and there's no heat. I've checked the thermal fuse, thermal cut-off and high-limit fuses with an ohm meter and all three read .05. I'm finding contradicting info online. Are these good and what are the next steps? Please help. Thanks!.

Last edited by dragonboy : 03-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.