Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kthorson  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:30:00 AM(UTC)
kthorson

Groups: Registered

I used this website and others that instruct the continuity check for the various thermostat and thermistor sensors and these all checkpositive. I measured the ignitor as open and I started a cycle and measured the ac voltage of 120 volts. I thought I solved the problem and replaced the ignitor with a new one. It measures in the 300 Ohm range. When I was installing the ignitor I attempted it’s input voltage measurement and was not able to get any voltage. This was only 4 days later. I made all of the sensor measurements again and they all checked out. The PCB has a spare relay so I wired to it and still no voltage to the ignitor. I jumper wired across the relay and the heating system worked. What I don’t know is if the primary relay in the board was swapped for the spare, is there a switch that needs to be thrown on the board. Also, J3 is a sensor connector to the board. I measured the thermistor resistances for the inlet and outlet drum air but there is a third sensor wired for the lint. This sensor is in the door assembly and it measured open. Is this what should be measuring? I followed the wires to the sensor and they route to a upper and lower rod and the schematic shows a “TVS” before a ground to green. Anyway, I think that the PCB needs to be replaced, and before I spend $300+ I thought I would ask the question to this forum. Thank you for any help.
:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.