Discuss

Replacement Drive Pulley for Maytag Performa

in

Dryer Repair

. "

I have a Maytag Performa PDET910AYW and the motor's drive pulley needs to be replaced. It appears they have made

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Replacement Drive Pulley for Maytag Performa

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 PM

dsuper11 is on a distinguished road
Default Replacement Drive Pulley for Maytag Performa
Brand: Maytag   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Maytag Performa PDET910AYW and the motor's drive pulley needs to be replaced. It appears they have made it to where you must buy the entire mortor to get the pulley. Is there anything that can make a subtitute for this pulley. The pulley's original part number has 754305 stamped on it. It appears the Idler Pulley assembly gave out and the motor kept trying to spin and eventually removed the threads for the drive pulley and is now dead in the water. The part used to be sold seperatley, but thru some new sales strategy it now only comes with the motor. Please help me with this issue.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-10-2012, 04:17 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a glorious beacon of light

I cannot find the pulley anywhere , with luck someone else will.

Also I would not order a motor till you get the blower wheel off of it as often it has to be destroyed (seizes to the shaft)

If the pulley fits tightly onto the shaft you could try drilling through it and the shaft and installing a pin.
OR
Install a lock screw in the pulley. But unless you have the proper tools (tap, etc.), this could be a no go.

I do not think this was just a sales strategy. More likely it was to fix the same problem as you are having.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:23 AM

bhaughery is on a distinguished road
Default drive pulley for PYGT244AWW

I have the same problem. I have called parts stores on this an no one seems to have it. The exploded diagrams do not show this part but it is clearly a separate part. I did find a replacement part that looks like it is meant for my model (Maytag Performa PYGT244AWW) but it is outrageously priced at $41. see it here http://goo.gl/8X4TYu

Last edited by bhaughery : 12-22-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 PM

consumerprotection is on a distinguished road
Default Motor Pulley part #

I had the same problem and went through Parts Dr to get a motor pulley. They sent me something that looked exactly the same but it didn't fit and they wouldn't refund my money. I did find the motor pulley for the Whirlpool PYGT244AWW. It doesn't look the same but it works fine. The part # is Whirlpool 31001535. Hope I save you guys some time and money.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.