Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cmoore64  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:38:20 AM(UTC)
cmoore64

Groups: Registered

My Gas Frigidaire Dryer (model FSG447GHS0) recently started to trip my GFCI outlet. It's been working fine for 10 years on this outlet. It seems to happen on the mid and higher heat settings and trips after 5-10 minutes of run time. It first happened while drying many towels on the high heat setting. It seems to run without stopping on fluff and the lowest heat setting.

Here's what I tested so far. Tried a different GFCI outlet using a 50 ft extension cord. The dryer ran on medium heat through 1 load. It tripped the new GFCI on the second load after about 10 minutes.
I took off the lid and the metal plate over the motor in the rear, inspected wires, connections. Nothing looks loose, no sign of arcing (no obvious black areas).
Lint screen is clean (cleaned after every load).

Any suggestions?

Should I test resistance? Which parts should I test? What should the resistance be? Any diagrams of where are they located/what they look like?

Thanks,

Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.