Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
YoSteve  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2012 11:18:31 AM(UTC)
YoSteve

Groups: Registered

When taking apart my Whirlpool dryer to find out why the drum wasn't tumbling, I found the belt very worn and had snapped, plus a round piece of plastic sitting on the bottom of the dryer.

From videos I've watched, I believe the plastic piece is the spacer that fits on the motor shaft between the pulley and the motor. The plastic piece was partly melted, and had evidently fallen off the shaft.

I can't find the spacer available separately. It looks like the only way to get it is to buy the pulley shown here as the spacer comes with that ($30) WHIRLPOOL W10299847 Pulley - Mtr, AP4510074 | AppliancePartsPros.com.

Or, I could buy the motor ($74) which includes both the pulley and the spacer. You can see the clear plastic spacer in this motor photo, next to the pulley on the left. WHIRLPOOL 279827 Dryer Drive Motor, AP3094245 | AppliancePartsPros.com

I'm not anxious to spend $74 or even $30 just to get that spacer. Anyone know of any alternatives?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.