Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevinkoepke  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:49:02 AM(UTC)
kevinkoepke

Groups: Registered

I have a Cabrio Steam dryer that I have had for a little over a year, figures just out of warranty, and the display lights come on, but nothing happens when I hit the start button. I found the tech sheet under the control panel and ran the diag tests on it and came up with code "F25". Says to replace the inlet thermistor, which I did, and it still did not fix issue, so I replaced the next logical thing, the thermal fuse. This should have been the first logical thing. It seemed to run great for about two weeks and then the same thing happened, display lights, but won't start. Thermal fuse is bad again, so I am bypassing the fuse to run more tests. The diag test still shows the "F25" code and I do not know why unless I installed a bad "new" thermistor to begin with. I cleaned out all possible places that could store up lint, wasn't much to speak of. I believe the heat outlet in the wall goes straight up and out through the roof, which I believe is a poor design because of gravity. I tried running dryer in Timed Dry and Air Only mode and the dryer heat is coming on. It should not, correct? I know, a lot of info to digest, but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. Please advise! Thank You, Kevin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.