Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SmittyO  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:38:44 PM(UTC)
SmittyO

Groups: Registered

I recently purchased a motor and it will not start. I have power on the orange wire when the timer is on, and I have neutral on the white wire when door switch is closed or bypassed, and when I press the start button power is applied to the purple wire. The new motors instructions said to change wire harness, but when I look at it it appears that all of the terminals are correct? Please let me know what I am missing.

Smitty
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:34:10 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts, includes a wiring diagram.
Replacement parts for Maytag PYE2300AYW DRYER- ELE | AppliancePartsPros.com

You have the correct power going to the unit so it leaves you with 3 most likelies.

1. It is wired wrong.
2. One of the wires/connectors going to the motor is bad. Check them for continuity.
3. You received a defective replacement motor. Check the windings for continuity.I would lean towards number 3.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
SmittyO  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2012 2:34:01 PM(UTC)
SmittyO

Groups: Registered

it still does not work, I checked continuity of the motor-good. I went through the wiring directions that came with the new motor and all are where they belong. My meeter is saying that I only have about 60VAC between the white and purple when the button is pressed, 120VAC between purple and green/grounding. And I have 18-20VAC between green and white when plugged in. Any further suggestions?
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:12:54 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I have been at the lake so was unavailable.

Check that the unit is grounded properly.
I am assuming that the unit is using a 3 wire hook up.
As you can see in the wiring diagram the green (earth ground) is hard wired to the white (Neutral) so there should be 0 volts and 0 ohms between them.

Unplug the unit and measure from green to white at the terminal strip. Should be 0 ohms.
Be sure to short the meter leads together before starting. This will tell you if there is a zero offset in the meter.

Also with the timer set to OFF, measure from the white at the motor to the white at the terminal strip. It also should be 0 ohms when the door switch is closed. Could be that the door switch's contacts are bad and have a resistance.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply