Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BimalPoddar  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:48:21 PM(UTC)
BimalPoddar

Groups: Registered

Drum won't turn anymore. But feels like it is some kind of an electrical problem. On an automatic moisture drying setting, before it would quite, it would make a sound as if like a loose contact/faulty sensor - buzzer would start to signal and then quieten down for a minute or two before finally buzzing to stop.

With the door in the closed position, when I turn the timer dial, I start hearing the timer ticking sound. If I press the start button, if feels as if some action took place with a click but nothing starts working. If I press the start switch the 2nd time, no click sound - as if the start was already active. If I open the door, the timer ticking stops. Close the door, it starts again.

I have checked the following things:

- Checked dryer thermal fuse for continuity. Since I had a spare, replaced it - just in case.
- Checked exhaust duct for being blocked. Was fine.
- Checked High limit termostat for continuity
- Check cycling thermostat for continuity
- Checked door switch for continuity
- Checked start button for continuity - it has 3 terminals and I could see that 2 of them would be connected to form the circuit when the button was pushed. And it did show continuity when pressed.
- Drum belt is intact - I opened the top cover to visually inspect it. I can also rotate drum by hand.
- One site mentioned checking the resistance across the 2 terminals of the timer motor - I forget the resistance # but the number generally matched the website.
- Timer has 6 terminals. Across 2 of the leads, as I rotated the timer knob, the continuity changed from no-continuity to being continuous in one of the cycles. I left it that setting and tried to push start button, drum still didn't rotate.

If anybody can suggest few other things to test before I jettison the unit, it would be very much appreciated.

Bimal
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.