Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scubaman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:35:20 PM(UTC)
scubaman

Groups: Registered

Heat went out, I replaced the heating element and Hi-limit thermostat checked it and now the heating elements is running full hot no cycling or heat control if I put it on air only it will shut down.

Replaced the Dryer thermal cut-off still have same problem check the
Thermostat, internal - bias Part Number: AP3045874. This has 4 leads (2 red/red white wire) & (2 violet). I have continuity across the red, but no continuity across the violet but show resistance, which I read that this means its good.

What do I need to check now.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:57:11 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scubaman Go to Quoted Post
Heat went out, I replaced the heating element and Hi-limit thermostat checked it and now the heating elements is running full hot no cycling or heat control if I put it on air only it will shut down.

Replaced the Dryer thermal cut-off still have same problem check the
Thermostat, internal - bias Part Number: AP3045874. This has 4 leads (2 red/red white wire) & (2 violet). I have continuity across the red, but no continuity across the violet but show resistance, which I read that this means its good.

What do I need to check now.

Thanks

The cycling thermostat sounds OK, the Bias heater (violet wires) preheats the thermostat for some cycles.

It sounds like you've got something wired wrong, a bad cycling thermostat, or that the timer is shorted internally.

But if the timer was bad, the temperature should still cycle off the cycling thermostat. Its settings are 155-25. Which means when the temp in the blower tube hits around 155 degrees it will cycle off and then come back on when the temp is 25 degrees cooler or around 130F.

I would recheck your wiring and then run the dryer, testing the air temp coming out of the vent on the back of the dryer. If the thermostat doesn't shut down the element at 155 to 170 degrees F, the cycling thermostat is bad. (stuck together internally)
scubaman  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:58:14 PM(UTC)
scubaman

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
The cycling thermostat sounds OK, the Bias heater (violet wires) preheats the thermostat for some cycles.

It sounds like you've got something wired wrong, a bad cycling thermostat, or that the timer is shorted internally.

But if the timer was bad, the temperature should still cycle off the cycling thermostat. Its settings are 155-25. Which means when the temp in the blower tube hits around 155 degrees it will cycle off and then come back on when the temp is 25 degrees cooler or around 130F.

I would recheck your wiring and then run the dryer, testing the air temp coming out of the vent on the back of the dryer. If the thermostat doesn't shut down the element at 155 to 170 degrees F, the cycling thermostat is bad. (stuck together internally)

I rechecked all the wiring, and then replaced the cycling thermostat I ordered then I had no heat, I found the new dryer thermal cut-off I put in was bad jumper it and now everthing seems to be working fine I order another dryer thermal cut-off and will install it when it gets here.

Update I was checking it with no clothes in the dryer with wet clothes the heating element will stay on, turning the heat control on to air for awhile and then back to heat until they are almost dry then it will cycle, I'm guessing that the cycling thermostat is what is turning it off and on not the timer circuit.

any way for me to check the timer it seems to be working?
scubaman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:01:34 PM(UTC)
scubaman

Originally Posted by: scubaman Go to Quoted Post
I rechecked all the wiring, and then replaced the cycling thermostat I ordered then I had no heat, I found the new dryer thermal cut-off I put in was bad jumper it and now everthing seems to be working fine I order another dryer thermal cut-off and will install it when it gets here.

Update I was checking it with no clothes in the dryer with wet clothes the heating element will stay on, turning the heat control on to air for awhile and then back to heat until they are almost dry then it will cycle, I'm guessing that the cycling thermostat is what is turning it off and on not the timer circuit.

any way for me to check the timer it seems to be working?

Ok I have replaced the timer and rechecked all the wiring and still have the same problem, not cycling runs full hot until the cycling thermostat turns it off. what is left to change or test?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply