Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
caliguy78  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:15:50 PM(UTC)
caliguy78

Groups: Registered

Hi. This is my first post here. I wasn't being very careful and I cross threaded the threads on the inlet gas pipe on my Frigidaire dryer. The pipe is a solid piece that goes from the rear of the dryer and into the burner towards the front of the dryer. I found a replacement part. My question is, how difficult is this to replace? If the side panel is removable, it looks like it will be fairly easy to get to. I have never done work on a dryer but I am mechanically inclined.

The exact part I need to replace is part #64 in this diagram:
http://www.appliancepartspros.c...el.aspx?model_id=5530717

Thank you for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:10:04 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I could be wrong, I've never taken one of this particular design apart, but it looks like you need to go in though the front. The design reminds me of the old Amana design. You need to take the front off and then there is an inner panel that has rollers on the bottom of it that support the drum. Remove four screws and take it out, then take out the drum. then you should be able to get to the burner assembly. Sorry, it looks like a fairly major undertaking. After you replace that pipe make sure and check for gas leaks.

This diagram shows the front then the inner panel, part 42. See the four tabs with holes that attach it to the sides? That would make it almost impossible to remove one of the sides first.

Front panel/lint filter replacement parts for Frigidaire LAQG6000LW0 DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply