Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keithmis  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:54:41 AM(UTC)
keithmis

Groups: Registered

Hi,

It's my first time here. Little problem. I have this Maytag LDG9824AAE. The motor went out so I got a new one. Part number AP5272724 or Whirlpool #W10410999. The diagram that comes with the new motor is different than the old motor wiring. As I rewire the new motor, there is mention of Gray, Blue, Black, Red, and Yellow. On the old motor there are 2 Yellow that were together, so those I figure go together on the new motor as well. So, the Yellow, Gray and Black are easy to figure where they go. However, my old motor has a Blue and a White that are together on the same jumper. There is no mention of where the white wire goes on the new motor. I asked this question before under the questions part for that motor on appliancepartspros but the answer was that there was only a gray wire. There is a gray wire which I can figure where that one goes. The white wire I can't figure. Also, there is another confusing part. If you put the white, blue, and red together, then reterminate them to jumper 5, would this be correct. Then you jump all of this over to 1 because the instructions mention jumping the blue over to 1 after reterminating this to 5 with the red. How can you only jump the blue over? You have to terminate a spare wire in with red and blue then put a connector on the end of that to put on jumper 1. Is this correct? Am I missing something here?

Any help would be appreciated on this. Thanks much in advance.

Keith
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.