Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RANDERSON713  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:13:40 AM(UTC)
RANDERSON713

Groups: Registered

AMANA NDG2330AWW 4 TEMP GAS DRYER turns on but will not heat up what are some things i can check to find the problem with my dryer? any help you give will help. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:07:30 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: RANDERSON713 Go to Quoted Post
AMANA NDG2330AWW 4 TEMP GAS DRYER turns on but will not heat up what are some things i can check to find the problem with my dryer? any help you give will help. Thanks

What have you observed? Is the ignitor glowing but not producing any flame? Is the ignitor not glowing at all?

Letting us know which of those two scenario's are occurring will help us a lot.
tlksr98  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:31:33 AM(UTC)
tlksr98

I have A kenmore 70 series gas dryer, I'm new to this site, everything on my dryer works expect it won't heat up/blow hot air I've cleaned the inside frt and back and I 've checked for contiuity of the Thermal fuse and the thermal cutoff however I can't locate a heater box,. there isn't one on my model (76722690).
The only thing I haven't checked is the igniter and the blower, I don't know how too, can someone please help,. kids have started school, no money for new dryer

Thanks
Terry
RANDERSON713  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:03:45 PM(UTC)
RANDERSON713

the ignitor is glowing and producing a flame for about 1 to 2 minutes an goes out , i read some where that a possible cause is the gas valve coils . i ohm tested the 2 terminal gas valve coil with my volt meter set to ohms 10x scale its shows 1.32 . the 3 terminal gas valve coil shows 1.41, 1.42, and 0.58 at each terminal. i also read that the resistance valve for this gas valve coil 1300 ohms + - 150 ohms .with this type of reading from the 3 terninal gas valve coil is this the possible cause of my flame going out after lighting for 1 to 2 minutes? should i replace the gas valve coil with this tpye of resistance readings ? or do i need to be looking else where for a possible cause?
or should i be looking at something else a possible cause ?
Thanks for your help
Frank / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 3:41:44 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

the ignitor is glowing and producing a flame for about 1 to 2 minutes an goes out , i read some where that a possible cause is the gas valve coils . i ohm tested the 2 terminal gas valve coil with my volt meter set to ohms 10x scale its shows 1.32 . the 3 terminal gas valve coil shows 1.41, 1.42, and 0.58 at each terminal. i also read that the resistance valve for this gas valve coil 1300 ohms + - 150 ohms .with this type of reading from the 3 terninal gas valve coil is this the possible cause of my flame going out after lighting for 1 to 2 minutes? should i replace the gas valve coil with this tpye of resistance readings ? or do i need to be looking else where for a possible cause?
or should i be looking at something else a possible cause ?
Thanks for your help

I'm sure you'll find the coils being the problem. They are notorious for the symptoms you're describing.

Part number: AP3094251
RANDERSON713  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:31:14 AM(UTC)
RANDERSON713

i've replaced the gas valve coil kit and the ignitor still glows and an flame comes on for about 1 1/2 minutes and goes out . any ideas as to what my dyer concerns can be?
Frank / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 4:46:22 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

i've replaced the gas valve coil kit and the ignitor still glows and an flame comes on for about 1 1/2 minutes and goes out . any ideas as to what my dyer concerns can be?

If you had the front panel off the flame will not stay lit real long. Not getting proper air flow through the burner chamber and the high limit will trip it off.

The flame doesn't stay lit continuously during normal operation. Not sure you actually have a problem, now.

One other thing, make sure your home venting is free flowing and clean of any lint build up.
repairforum  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2010 4:38:45 PM(UTC)
repairforum

Originally Posted by: Frank / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
What have you observed? Is the ignitor glowing but not producing any flame? Is the ignitor not glowing at all?

Letting us know which of those two scenario's are occurring will help us a lot.

The ignitor is glowing. Every once in a while it will ignite, but then go out after a minute or so. Also, if I use the regular dryer settings, it will run continuously. If I use the timer settings it will shut off.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply