Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CorySimpson  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:31:27 PM(UTC)
CorySimpson

Groups: Registered

Hello. I bought a used gas dryer from a friend. He had converted it from natural gas to l.p. He gave me two yellow envelopes with it. One is marked "gas conv kit-nat. t 33002923" and it has several parts in it including what looks like 11/16 nuts with stems coming from them and blue stickers on the bottom. There are two of these and they appear to be identical. There are two 3/8 nuts with a male thread coming out from them and a small hole in the center of each one. These also look identical. Two threaded pieces with what looks like a set screw in it, also identical. Last two "long nuts" about 3/8 wrench size, hollow, and male threads sticking with a hole in the middle. One is about an inch long and the other is about 3/4 of an inch long. The longer on doesn't look like it is made out of brass while everything else is. The second envelope says "maytag 3-06195 conversion kit nat. gas to l.p. gas for 08, 10, and 12 series dryers". It is empty. He stated that he only changed one small orifice in the dryer and nothing else. It was about 6 years ago and he didn't remember exactly which one it was but it only took him about 5 minutes to complete. I assume that with all these parts he missed a few steps. I cant see any wrench marks on any of the parts. I need to use this dryer, safely, for natural gas at my home. Any and all help is welcomed and appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.