Discuss

No Heat on Gas Dryer

in

Dryer Repair

. "

It's a Whirlpool LGR5634AWO

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » No Heat on Gas Dryer

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 AM

tom_mn is on a distinguished road
Default dryer model

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

It's a Whirlpool LGR5634AWO

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

The first thing I would do is check the gas valve coils as described in one of our previous posts: dryer runs but no heat

- The coil kit Part number: AP3094251

Part number: AP3094251

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LGR5634AW0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here are the wiring diagrams.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 AM

Gene:

I located the coils with some difficulty and they tested this way:

2 prong: 1100
3 prong: 1050 and 1600

I don't really trust the analog ohmmeter even though I zeroed it out.

I tested the thermal fuse and it is shot, so I will order one of those, along with a thromostat.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Keep us posted.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 08-23-2009, 06:24 PM

I replaced the thermal fuse and everything seems to run fine. I cleaned about a full paper grocery bag full of lint out of the exhaust system (about 14 ft long). Now when the dryer runs the outside flue flap pops all the way open. Before it only opened about half way when the dryer ran.

Hope that is the end of the problem. We don't really use the dryer much except in the winter so it won't be till then when it gets a lot of use that I know for sure the trouble is over.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 AM

clayn is on a distinguished road

Gene,

I have the same problem with a GE gas dryer 1 yr old model# DSXH43GF1WW. The parts diagragms don't show where the Thermal fuse is located or what it looks like. They also don't show what the flame sensor looks like. I can do all of the continuity checks, but I want to know what to take apart first and what to look for. Any Advise or part numbers would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayn View Post
Gene,

I have the same problem with a GE gas dryer 1 yr old model# DSXH43GF1WW. The parts diagrams don't show where the Thermal fuse is located or what it looks like. They also don't show what the flame sensor looks like. I can do all of the continuity checks, but I want to know what to take apart first and what to look for. Any Advise or part numbers would be appreciated. Thanks
The thermal fuse (aka a safety thermostat) is shown as #1233 on the diagram #2. The flame sensor is shown as #1379 on the diagram #1.

- The safety thermostat Part number: AP3418852

Part number: AP3418852

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE DSXH43GF0WW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:07 PM

c22jrc is on a distinguished road
Default LGR7646eq0 No Heat

Glad to find this site!
I'm having the same problem. I've checked the coils, safety fuse both thermostats and all appear good. I measured resistance on the flame sensor at 680 ohms and the igniter at 94 ohms. I checked the voltage at the igniter and it only measured 28 volts. Tracing the wire it came from the motor. Wish I had a schematic!!! As someone else mentioned the timer does not move. The dryer had been running for at least 30 min. we I found there was no heat and the timer had not moved???
Any help greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks
Jeff
Old 11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
...measured resistance on the flame sensor at 680 ohms...
Jeff,

If you did it the right way (removed at least one wire from the sensor) then the flame sensor is the culprit. Normal reading should be close to 0 Ohms.

- The flame sensor Part number: AP2910747

Part number: AP2910747

Here is the Wiring sheet for the dryer.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LGR7646EQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:51 PM

c22jrc is on a distinguished road
Default Gas Dryer no heat

Gene,
WOW such service!! Thanks for the schematic!
Is it safe to jumper around the flame sensor to be sure its bad?

Thanks Agian !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Jeff,

If you did it the right way (removed at least one wire from the sensor) then the flame sensor is the culprit. Normal reading should be close to 0 Ohms.

- The flame sensor Part number: AP2910747

Part number: AP2910747

Here is the Wiring sheet for the dryer.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LGR7646EQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.