Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MaconGT  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 7:36:47 AM(UTC)
MaconGT

Groups: Registered

There are two screws that fasten the bracket that holds the coills to the gas valve body. Remove the two screws and the brack comes off. Then you can slide the coils off of their shafts. The coils have tabs on top of them the line up with holes in the bracket so it is an extremely easy fix. Thanks for the help Ripleys! You saved me a pile of money.
henrytop74  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 10:34:19 AM(UTC)
henrytop74

I checked this case before and I resolved by changing the coils, there are not soldered wires just unscrew two screw and disconect the wires, but the best think to resolved this problem is changing the two coils.
My dryer is working good since I replaced the two coils.
t7306ds  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 9:37:35 AM(UTC)
t7306ds

Ok, so my problem is that my dryer stops drying when I have a full wet load and actually starts to smell of Natural Gas. After taking it apart to check on the ingnitor etc... everything work fine, except it is hard to run with a wet load when the door is off. So, do I replace the gas valve coils or does this sound like something else?
printerdw  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 12:43:29 PM(UTC)
printerdw

I replaced the gas coils and it works fine now I have a whirlpool LGR3624JQ1 TOOK ABOUT 20 MIN TO REPAIR.
roycreamer  
#15 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 6:36:06 PM(UTC)
roycreamer

Groups: Expert

Originally Posted by: jmama Go to Quoted Post
I am a complete novice, but I'd like to try solving this exactly issue on my Maytag MDG7600AWW. I replaced the fuse (Part #AP285207) earlier today and thought the issue would be resolved. Of course, this followed searching for lint build-up and the like.

Gas coil replacement? As I looked inside and I think I know what you are indicating -- is there a "trick" for getting the coils off? Are they soldered on or is it just the screw?

there are 2 phillips screws on the bracket that holds them on, take that off and they just lift off, you have to unplug them of course, but it's about the easiest job you can wish for on a dryer. oh, check to see if it does the same thing with the exhaust vent disconnected FIRST, as that can cause similar symtoms....

hope this helps...

roy
FretnFish  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 5:03:29 PM(UTC)
FretnFish

I read this thread because I had trouble with my dryer too and didn't know what was wrong with it. I replaced the igniter because it broke in half. I believe the ignitor failed because as Ripley explains, the coils went bad and the ignitor kept trying to light a gas valve that wouldn't open. I have the Maytag MDG7600AWW dryer as some of the others in this post. After replacing the ignitor, I came back here looking for the coil part numbers 011658 A (3 pin) and 01184R A (2 pin) but couldn't find these part numbers. My dryer listed two different coils for approximately $23 and $25. I also read another post here that said, "AP3094251 is the appliance pros part # The whirlpool (maytag) part # is 279834." I decided to take a risk and purchase this pair of coils for $14 and I'm glad I did because they fit fine and they worked. Replacing the coils fixed my problem so thank you Ripley for your post as you saved me some $$$ and I appreciate it very much. BTW, my dryer problem was my first experience ordering parts from appliancepartspros.com. Both of my orders were at my door in 2 days and I live in the midwest so I'm a new and satified customer and I'll be coming back to this web site for all my future appliance part orders! Keep up the good work appliancepartspros!
dmenkhau  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:01:46 PM(UTC)
dmenkhau

I had the exact same problem. My Whirlpool LGN2000JQ2 gas dryer would not completely dry the clothes. I looked and looked, but everything seemed to work fine. Finally I saw that the gas would not stay lit after about 5~10 minutes after starting.

I found this website and realized that I needed the coils replaced. I checked with Sear's PartsDirect and they had them listed at about $30~$35 EACH!!! OUCH!

I then found on ApplianceParts.com the replacement kit for BOTH coils for $17, plus ~$6.00 shipping.

I replaced the coils easily within 30 minutes, again, thanks to this website, and BINGO BOINGO, my Dryer drys all the way through!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Doogie
Malikahsfriend  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:50:17 PM(UTC)
Malikahsfriend

Originally Posted by: dmenkhau Go to Quoted Post
I had the exact same problem. My Whirlpool LGN2000JQ2 gas dryer would not completely dry the clothes. I looked and looked, but everything seemed to work fine. Finally I saw that the gas would not stay lit after about 5~10 minutes after starting.

I found this website and realized that I needed the coils replaced. I checked with Sear's PartsDirect and they had them listed at about $30~$35 EACH!!! OUCH!

I then found on ApplianceParts.com the replacement kit for BOTH coils for $17, plus ~$6.00 shipping.

I replaced the coils easily within 30 minutes, again, thanks to this website, and BINGO BOINGO, my Dryer drys all the way through!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Doogie

I have the exact same dryer and problem. I just ordered the coil kit, I just need to know the easiest way to get access to the coils. Thanks!
Dyoung70  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 11:13:18 AM(UTC)
Dyoung70

I too had the same problem...whirlpool lgn1000pq gas dryer...igniter will light flame from cold start...flame runs 5-10 minutes then goes out...never to light again unless left off for a long period...have cleaned entire exhuast system and inside of dryer...have replaced the two gas coils...still same problem....
Any ideas...flame sensor? Thermal Cutoff?

Thanks
dvinyard  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 3:10:25 PM(UTC)
dvinyard

Originally Posted by: Dyoung70 Go to Quoted Post
I too had the same problem...whirlpool lgn1000pq gas dryer...igniter will light flame from cold start...flame runs 5-10 minutes then goes out...never to light again unless left off for a long period...have cleaned entire exhuast system and inside of dryer...have replaced the two gas coils...still same problem....
Any ideas...flame sensor? Thermal Cutoff?

Thanks

I had same problem as you and others described, however I replaced both coils, the ignitor, AND the flame sensor and for good measure replaced the belt, idler pulley, and drum rollers about an hr ago. I too cleaned the heck out of everything and still have the same problem.....ignition, flame, runs for a min or two then flame out. I emailed Appliance Parts Pros support and am awaiting a response. In the meantime can anyone advise for sake of Dyoung and I?????????:confused:

Thanks in advance, Derek
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply