Discuss

Drum only moves when the front panel is off

in

Dryer Repair

. "

This morning my wife informed me that our clothes dryer is not tumbling the clothes. So...I removed the front panel,

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Drum only moves when the front panel is off

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 AM

sammyjoe is on a distinguished road
Default Drum only moves when the front panel is off
Brand: Maytag   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

This morning my wife informed me that our clothes dryer is not tumbling the clothes. So...I removed the front panel, pushed the start button and watched the clothes tumble (of course, with door open, a lot of stuff tumbled out) just the way they were supposed to. So, I replaced the front panel and started the dryer up again....now, it doesn't tumble!
Frustrating!! Can anyone help?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

Well, I am a little bit confused, but that's ok, I am confused a lot these days. Can you give us a little more info.

1. When you ran the machine with the front panel off what did you do about the door switch? How did you make it run with the door open?

2. Does the machine heat up and blow out exhaust air, but just not tumble the drum, or does it not operate at all?

3. Does the problem occur in all cycles?

4. Any problem with the belt?

Give us as much information as is relevant, including the full model number and let's see what we might have.