Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elk917  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:41:08 PM(UTC)
elk917

Groups: Registered

On my affinity gas dry a code of E66 and E41 came up and display says door open even when door is closed. Dryer won't run now.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:13:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The information you provided is a bit confusing. The error code "E66" and "open door" on the display are leading to at least two different problems while the error code "E41" is not listed for this model at all. Verify the error codes and repost it please.

Gene.
jbrtn1943  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:22:56 PM(UTC)
jbrtn1943

I also have a Frigidaire Affinity FASG 7073 LWO that is displaying an error code "E66" and then says the "Door Open". I checked the door switch and it is good. Would it be the control board?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:33:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Did it happen at the same time?

Gene.
jbrtn1943  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:51:10 PM(UTC)
jbrtn1943

Mine happened yesterday, when I saw this post I actually couldn't believe that two dryers could be having the same problem. My daughter told me also that she saw the code "E41" on my dryer also, but I couldn't get it to do it for me when I checked the codes. I live in Oregon by the way and I don't know where Elk917 is from.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:24:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

jbrtn1943 and elk917,

If there is nothing with the door switch I would suspect the control board first. Possible it will fix the "E66" error code too.

- The control board Part number: AP5325368
Part number: AP5325368

Gene.
jbrtn1943  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 3:45:00 PM(UTC)
jbrtn1943

Just ordered the control board, any advice on changing the board? Looks like this is the one you loosen three screws on the back of top panel and slide it back to expose the front control panel and the control board, is that correct? Thanks
Gene  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:47:51 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: jbrtn1943 Go to Quoted Post
Just ordered the control board, any advice on changing the board? Looks like this is the one you loosen three screws on the back of top panel and slide it back to expose the front control panel and the control board, is that correct? Thanks

Yes, that's correct.

Gene.
ashari  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:25:03 AM(UTC)
ashari

My dryer door is giving the same problem. Its definitely closed, checked the seals, replaced the male end of the door switch. Keeps saying door open.

My model is a FASE7073LNO. Not sure if that makes a difference as this post was the LWO suffix model.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:37:08 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Fridgedaire dryer error code E66 error code (door open code).......
Check the door switch first for continuity.......then check thermal limiter on burner chamber these are know for blowing if you exceed length and bends on the exhaust length leaving the house (rule of thumb max 15' and each 90 degree bend takes away 5'). Then check thermal limiter on exhaust near motor.......if all three pass continuity test, ohm check the wires in involved circuit. Last but now least if everything checks out with these items it's going to be the main board these units are known for blowing main boards but check the limiters (2 most models) and harness first and if your exhaust length going out of the house is clogged or excessive in length even the brand spanking new Fridgedaire's DO NOT LIKE EXCESSIVE LENGTH AT ALL WHATSOEVER, i've seen burnt clothes when the unit was running at 190 degrees heat max (Gas) type and cycling properly and this model will cause you a headache. The apartment was brand new and the exhaust had 3 (90) bends within 20 ft with no clogging and it caused problems. I had a customer with a multiple problem unit recently after talking with fridgedaire techs we replaced main board, burner tube, coils, etc etc comes to find out as i said these units are super sensitive to excess lengths in exhaust and can be a headache to figure out why it's burning the flow chamber and clothing sometimes. Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply