Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brandallee3  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:41:21 PM(UTC)
brandallee3

Groups: Registered

I been online all afternoon trying to figure out how to fix this. It was running fine this morning. Then when I went to change loads it wouldn't start. I have flipped the breaker on and off. I do get a sound from the timer so it is getting power. I have taken the back off and cleaned out all the lint and such. I took the wires from the fuse and held them against each other to test the fuse with no luck. I am not sure what else to check. Any ideas? How would I check the "start" button. I also checked the latch on the door it does click....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:12:13 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Unfortunately none of your testing is conclusive. You need an electrical test meter to test continuity. First check to see that you are getting 120v to each side of the connection block. Then unplug the dryer and test each of the thermal fuses/thermostats for continuity. Then test the heating element for resistance and the door switch for continuity.

This should give the problem. If you want to test the push to start switch, unplug the dryer, tape the two wires going into the switch together and plug in the dryer. If it starts, the switch is your problem, but this is not likely so I would do it last.

Good luck.
brandallee3  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 1:13:00 PM(UTC)
brandallee3

OK, tested everything. Have power to everything. Not sure where to go now. Door latch clicks. How do we know if it is the motor?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 3:20:56 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well check the door switch for continuity. It is possible it is your motor, but not likely so let's try to eliminate everything else first.

When you say you tested everything, I am assuming you used a meter for continuity, and for resitance on the elememt. amd that you tried to use the push to start button as I suggested.
brandallee3  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 6:31:45 PM(UTC)
brandallee3

He did (is) test all for continuity. Seems to have an issue (not continuity)with part of the motor harness? Does that make any sense? The only thing I don't believe he did was to check the start button as suggested...right now is checking all again.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:57:28 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok, if it all checks out and still will not run it does sound like you will need a new motor.

Hope that solves it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply