Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JACKDADDY  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:49:53 PM(UTC)
JACKDADDY

Groups: Registered

Hello. i have a noisy dryer that dries fine. I replaced the rollers and the belt but it's still noisy. All I can think of is the motor needs replacing cuz it sometimes makes a droaning sound in addition to being noisy. The original motor is model: S58NXMKE-6644, Part: 3976707, HP: 1/3 SPL, 120/60, 5.9A, thermally protected CL B AMB40C. It also has 2 navy, 1 white, and 1 purple wires on it. The replacement motor sold to me by a reputable appliance store here looks very similar except it only has 1 navy wire, and (I think) 2 bare copper wires. The replacement model: S58NXNBG-7015, part: 8066207, HP: 1/3 SPL, 120/60, 6.5A, Thermally protected CL B AMB40C.

Before buying the repl motor i thought all i had to do was disconnect the white dryer harness plug-in connector from the original motor and connect it to a replacement motor. But with those different wires and different part/model nos/amperage I was (a) wondering if the replacement motor is ok to use by simply plugging the dryer harness connector to it?, and (b) what is the appropriate part number/model number to use as a replacement whirlpool motor if not?

oh, and (c) is there something else I should replace to solve the noisy concern instead of the motor? sorry for being long winded and thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.