Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slayth  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:09:29 AM(UTC)
slayth

Groups: Registered

We have 7 year old Frigidaire front-load GLGQ2152ES gas dryer (NG). Auto dry cycle will start fine - ignitor nice and hot, gas valve opens, flame starts, dryer starts cycle and runs - however, randomly, the gas valves will bounce - about 12 to 15 times with flame going on/out and ignitor coming on each time as normal to light gas. Dryer will still finish cycle and dry clothes. No error codes, replaced coils to be sure, machine clean, replaced flame sensor. Took out gas valve swapped with spare, same issue, no dirt obstructions on gas pre-filter in valvle body. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:05:09 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Originally Posted by: slayth Go to Quoted Post
We have 7 year old Frigidaire front-load GLGQ2152ES gas dryer (NG). Auto dry cycle will start fine - ignitor nice and hot, gas valve opens, flame starts, dryer starts cycle and runs - however, randomly, the gas valves will bounce - about 12 to 15 times with flame going on/out and ignitor coming on each time as normal to light gas. Dryer will still finish cycle and dry clothes. No error codes, replaced coils to be sure, machine clean, replaced flame sensor. Took out gas valve swapped with spare, same issue, no dirt obstructions on gas pre-filter in valvle body. Any ideas?

Hi.

"the gas valves will bounce"

Please, explain what do you mean by that.

Thank you.

Simon.
slayth  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:09:44 PM(UTC)
slayth

Simon,
Bounce - the valves chatter - open/close very rapidly sounds like clickety-clack-clickety-clack for about 15 to 20 cycles. I have since put dryer in diagnostic mode, forced "on" run with heat and while doing this mode, let the gas ignite, then disconnect the flame sensor - the flame will stay on and run for some time with no gas valve chatter, however, the flame sensor was brand new and shows full continuity when checked. I checked all wiring - good and took out front control circuit - looked clean, no burns, reconnected after cleaning. Could still be control board and apparently a switch exists at motor - I saw a brown armature sticking down from black plastic switch body, but seemed in order.???
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 2:30:56 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hello.

What happens is most likely the interruption in voltage coming from the heat relay in the control board.

The heat sensor you are referring to is a normally closed switch witch opens at 1500*F and closed when it's cooling off(burner off).

Replace the control board Part number: AP3851146
Part number: AP3851146

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire GLGQ2152ES3 DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck. Post the results.

Simon.
slayth  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:31:18 PM(UTC)
slayth

Simon, I did take your advice and changed out control board. Seconds later.... still excessive gas valve opening/closing. In the meantime after changing flame sensor, and checking ignitor (good), I also swapped out the gas valve body itself. The control board did not solve the problem. So, in spite of continuity checks, jumper wires around control board and motor to check hot lead and neutral, I am missing something here. Isn't the last item in the circuit here the motor with some sort of centrifugal switch? HELP!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply