Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Korsch  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:25:47 AM(UTC)
Korsch

Groups: Registered

Hello!
After reading through several other posts about Roper problems similar to my own, I replaced the thermal fuse and the dryer still does not come on. I talked to the fellow that sold me the fuse and he mentioned all the common problems such as a coiled up coil, clogged up pipe, all which I have cleaned, or corrected. Still the dryer refuses to cooperate. Am I s.o.l?

Any help, would be appreciated. THanks :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abbie  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:51:14 PM(UTC)
abbie

Groups: Senior Expert

check your 2 fuses/breakers to make sure you have the right power.Then check your dryer door strike and switch.Make sure the door switch is making a clicking noise when you close the door.If not replace the switch..
Korsch  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:10:05 PM(UTC)
Korsch

Thank you Abbie, I did as you asked and no, I am not hearing a clicking noise as I close the door. The light does not come on the interior as well. Problem is, I'm not sure where the switch can be located. I noticed a black thing in the upper right corner of the door, is that it?

Thanks
abbie  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:35:15 PM(UTC)
abbie

Yes,that,s the bracket, press in to see if you can here it click If not remove the two screws by the bracket,then go to the top of the dryer and lift out the lint filter.Remove the two screws there and take a butter knife and go to each top corner, slide the knife under the top section of the dryer and pop the clips. Then you can lean the top section back and get at the switch...GOOD LUCK
Korsch  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 2:26:00 PM(UTC)
Korsch

THanks Abbie, I was able to get to the switch and replace it, and it fired right up. Thanks again
sednfred  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 5:19:41 AM(UTC)
sednfred

After reading through several other posts about Roper problems similar to my own, I replaced the thermal fuse and the dryer still does not come on. I talked to the fellow that sold me the fuse and he mentioned all the common problems such as a coiled up coil, clogged up pipe, all which I have cleaned, or corrected. Still the dryer refuses to cooperate.
denman  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:46:42 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
sednfred

Is your model number the same?

It may be best that you start your own post using "Post New Topic" and include the make and model in that post.
Also a description of the problem and how it started.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply