Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dustpad00  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:46:46 AM(UTC)
dustpad00

Groups: Registered

Maytag Gas Dryer, Egnites gas Flame. After 1 min or so Flame goes out. Can you tell me which sensor could be bad. And where it would be located ? And is there a way to bypass this sensor to make sure this is problem.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:19:02 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: dustpad00 Go to Quoted Post
Maytag Gas Dryer, Egnites gas Flame. After 1 min or so Flame goes out. Can you tell me which sensor could be bad. And where it would be located ? And is there a way to bypass this sensor to make sure this is problem.

Thanks

Do not bypass any sensors. First thing I would suggest is to disconnect the dryer vent from the wall and then see if the flame stays on longer. An air flow issue is a very common reason for what you describe.

Something to keep in mind while checking, if you have the entire front of the dryer removed, the flame can short cycle due to the flame not being drawn properly through the burner can. The flame can potentially kick the hi-limit thermostat prematurely. If your model just has the little door opening you can peek through ignore the part about the entire front being removed.
dustpad00  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:59:58 AM(UTC)
dustpad00

Groups: Registered

Thanks, my Air Flow is fine. I have checked for any restrictions on Air Flow. There are no restrictions. I am looking into replacing Gas Coils. They are weak possibly. I read a few forums suggestion this could very likley be the problem. or one of my 3 Thermo sensors.
Looking through the door into gas flame it stays lit for 1 or 2 min. then shuts off.

Thanks Darrell
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply