Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tigerseye71  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 10:21:18 AM(UTC)
tigerseye71

Groups: Registered

this poor thing got loaded with very wet clothes....wasnt me ...and it obviusly has stopped running. the heating element and timer work but dry wont run...i was told it was a breaker...where the heck is it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 5:55:16 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you post a model number and give us a little more detail.

When you say the heater works, do you mean that the heating element comes on but the dryer does not tumble, or that the heating element tests out?

I am assuming this is an electric dryer, so you should start out by metering the incoming electricity to make certain you have 120 v to each side of the connection block. Then test each of the thermal fuses and thermostats, along with the door switch.

It is possible the load overloaded the motor, but it should reset and start working again. Also, I assume your belt did not break, but look and see if that is the case.

Good luck, let us know if you need more info and tell us what you found out.
tigerseye71  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:23:26 AM(UTC)
tigerseye71

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Can you post a model number and give us a little more detail.

When you say the heater works, do you mean that the heating element comes on but the dryer does not tumble, or that the heating element tests out?

I am assuming this is an electric dryer, so you should start out by metering the incoming electricity to make certain you have 120 v to each side of the connection block. Then test each of the thermal fuses and thermostats, along with the door switch.

It is possible the load overloaded the motor, but it should reset and start working again. Also, I assume your belt did not break, but look and see if that is the case.

Good luck, let us know if you need more info and tell us what you found out.

Its not the door switch...that also trigers the heating element wich works fine.as for the model #DDE 5808MALAD we looked up prices for parts, and considering it didnt reset its self, and the switch that goes on the motor is over $60 and must be ordered thru the mail, (so no way to return it if thats the prob) and a new motor is $100, plus the fact that this dryer has very little hrs on it, I would rather just by a new one. Its hard enough for me to be on the floor tearing it down with a bad back and my girls hovering...hubby works to much to take the time to even try..so i give up...lol
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 9:25:55 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I cannot disagree with your decision, a lot of times it makes sense to replace the machine rather than fix it, unless you are fixing it for the fun of doing so. (Ok, not a whole lot of fun in there)

Good luck with your new machine.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply