Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PPDCOP  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 5:14:01 PM(UTC)
PPDCOP

Groups: Registered

My dryer has been acting up for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes it heats up, most of the time it doesnt. I opened the acess panel and turned it on. The element glows hot but no gas/flame. I checked the coils with an ohm meter and they appear to be okay. I have also noticed that when the gas doesnt flow, the timer doesnt move either. Not sure if this is two separate problems or most likely related. The ducts have been cleaned thoroughly. After disconnecting then reconnecting the coil wires, i turned it on and it eventually lit. After a few minutes it stopped and is now just running with no heat. Is there anything else i need to check before replacing the coils? This machine is not that old. Is it normal for the coils to go out this soon?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 7:15:41 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hello.

Most likely the problem is a bad control coils. There is a small chance that the safety gas valve is bad, but you should definitely start with coils.

The coil kit Part number: AP3094251
Part number: AP3094251

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Maytag SDG305DAWW DRYER- GAS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.
PPDCOP  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 8:10:36 PM(UTC)
PPDCOP

Thanks, I have already ordered the coils, hope thats all it is. Any idea why the timer is acting up now too?
PPDCOP  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 8:12:37 PM(UTC)
PPDCOP

I ordered the coils, I hope thats all it is. Any idea why the timer is acting up now? Is it related to the dryer not heating?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply