Originally Posted by cvandre
Im having the exact same issue. once it stops and after about 60-90 sec i can here a relay click and im able to start it back up again and after 10 sec it does the same thing. I took the unit apart and vaccumed and airhose out the burner and moter thinking maybe the lint accumulation from the last 10 years was causing this. After reassembling everything i still had the same issue. even the burning smell.
Well It was the motor. Getting it out was a bear!!! I couldnt get the fan off for nothing. So i broke out the Sawzall. Cut the shaft off. But after researching more I found that this was common and the solution to removing the fan was to give it a good whack with a big hammer and bust it off.
a couple of other things to note... The burning smell was the motor. I also found a small green spring on the floor of the dryer. It was from the motor.
It was attached to what i believe was a safety switch on the motor. The clasp it was attached to had broken off.
So I Ordered a new motor and fan/blower from Appliance Parts Pro on a Tuesday night at 10pm and recieved the parts Thursday at 12 noon.
Put everything back together.....Everything runs Perfect.
I spent $96 w/S&H and a little elbow grease (2hours) I wonder how much i saved from D.I.Y.
p.s. Before I replaced the motor I did vaccum and air hose everything clean. I thought maybe Lint was the burning smell and causing something to overheat but regardless I stiil had the problem.