Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tru2Chevy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:55:11 AM(UTC)
Tru2Chevy

Groups: Registered

My dryer has recently started squealing intermittently when it's spinning. I have owned it for almost 4 years (came with our house) and it has always had a tendancy to catch clothes between the drum and the front of the dryer. Looking back, I guess I should have seen that as a sign that something was wrong. Is there a bearing or some other sort of replaceable connector that I can replace?

- Justin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Tru2Chevy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:42:02 PM(UTC)
Tru2Chevy

I ended up figuring out what my issue was based on reading another thread and doing some more research on other sites. Replaced the front felt guide assembly (AP2150497), the lower front felt seal (AP2143044), and the rear drum bearing kit (AP2142648). The squealing stopped right away, and hasn't come back. The clothes stopped getting caught between the drum and the front panel and as such stopped coming out with burn marks on them.

Now, a little over a year later, the clothes are getting caught and coming out with burn marks again. From what I have read this is all because of a worn front felt guide. Any idea what would cause this to wear out again in just over a year? I know they don't cost that much, but I would rather not have to pull my dryer completely apart every year to keep replacing these things.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

- Justin
Tru2Chevy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:35:16 AM(UTC)
Tru2Chevy

No one has any idea why this might be happening again so soon?

- Justin
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply