Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chaz24  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:49:25 PM(UTC)
chaz24

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I believe my problem is a broken belt but I can not find out how to open up the dryer. As you can probably tell by the model number but this is a dryer mounted on top of a washer.

All help is appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 5:09:08 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Chaz

I am not familiar with that model, and I assume no one else who responds on this Forum is either since they have not responded.

I can tell you that in general a dryer is accessed from the front, with the top and the front coming off. You can now install the belt, with access to the tension pulley from the front or from a panel in the back.

Good luck, hope this helps
chaz24  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 6:29:03 PM(UTC)
chaz24

Groups: Registered

Thanks very much for replying. I was able to remove the top after locating a illustrated parts list.

This particular model has two screws in the back that secure the cover. Once those are removed you tilt cover up and off. This model has the switch console in the front and not on top as you usually see them. This is because it is a compact dryer made to be placed on top of the washer. I believe it is assembled from the front to the back.

The belt appears to be intact although it is peeling and should be replaced. I believe you go thru the back and not the front with this model. The tub appears to be supported thru the back of the machine. There was cover to a drum shaft support on the back panel that I unscrewed. I would have to force it off and at that point I decided to come back to a help site such as this.

As I said the belt did not appear to be broken but was loose so perhaps it is an idler arm but I did not see one. There are two motors, one for the blower and another that I assume is to turn the drum.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply