Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guyver01  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 9:24:58 AM(UTC)
guyver01

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

I have a dryer that I cant figure out. What is happening is that when a load of wet clothes is ran on either sensor dry or timed dry the heating elements will turn on for the first 2 minutes if that and then kick off. I can hear the relays on the control board click and feel only cold air after that from the back and they will not come back on at any time during the cycle. If I leave it unplugged for a week I can get 1 load to actually dry the whole way through but thats it and then goes into the problem.

I have replaced the Hi-temp and the inlet thermistor not knowing what I was doing at first and that didnt do anything but replace good parts. I checked and confirmed I am getting 220 from house to dryer, and it will give 110 per element and the heating element coil is in good condition. I noticed that harness to the control panel for the inlet thermistor, moisture sensor and possibly the door sensor. When I disconnect the harness the control board goes into a bypass and runs both elements full out for the whole cycle. I need to know if outlet thermistor is the problem or is it the control board or the safety thermistor?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

guyver01  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:05:55 AM(UTC)
guyver01

:mad: I really appreciated how so many people looked over my post and chose not to help someone out with any advice. The idea of the forums is to exchange and share knowledge which obviously was useless here.

I fixed my dryer without anyones help after doing more testing and tear down.

For anyone that comes across the same problem, the issue is with the lower moisture sensor that is bolted into the exhaust duct. There was no true way to test this part since it measures heat via sensor and randomly feeds data back to the control board.
denman  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:09:36 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="DarkRed"]I really appreciated how so many people looked over my post and chose not to help someone out with any advice. [/COLOR]
I do not want to rile you up further but I was one of the people that looked at your post.
Why didn't I reply?
I had nothing that I thought was useful to say.
It is a GE. GE likes to keep all tech data a secret so finding a wiring diagram is near impossible and I needed a diagram to even start trying to figure out your problem.
If you look through the forums you will see quite a few GE units do not get a reply.
If you have a source of wiring diagrams and tech info on GE's that I can get into, I would greatly appreciate having it.
So rather than take a wild guess and send you off on a wild goose chase I did not reply.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
The idea of the forums is to exchange and share knowledge which obviously was useless here.[/COLOR]
I am sorry that I could not help but would like to thank you for posting the fix as it will help others who search the forum for a similar problem.

If the above upsets you, do not take it out on AppliancePartsPros as I do not work for them and just spend time on this forum trying to help a few people.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
guyver01  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:14:36 PM(UTC)
guyver01

Denman,

I wasn't posting to anyone specific. Regarding my dryer, if some would had replied asking for the dryer schematic that was attached to the rear plate I could have scanned it and walked through it. Most newer appliances stuff the schematic in the machine in some inconspicuous place. I would have been estatic if some would have just asked. I dont know much about electrical systems but know enough to not get electrocuted around
220v systems.

My frustration was just with the lack of response which I guess I will know in the future to post the schematic to my posts if something else breaks down.

Thanks for hearing me out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply