Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jdfultonii  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:32:27 PM(UTC)
Jdfultonii

Groups: Registered

Our dryer isn't drying quickly on auto sense mode. So I cleaned everything. No luck. I found the troubleshooting manual on the inside panel and think that I need to replace the machine control electronics. The Maytag doc is 8563816 rev b. The last step of trouble shooting tells you to measure across pins 1 and 2 of the P2 connector. If the resistance is less than 1 Mohm replace the board. So what if it measured open? I assume since they use the term infinity as open there should be some resistance or it shouldn't be open? I don't want to spend $100 to find out it wasn't bad. Anyone have comments?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:50:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jdfultonii Go to Quoted Post
...So I cleaned everything...

...The last step of trouble shooting tells you to measure across pins 1 and 2 of the P2 connector. If the resistance is less than 1 Mohm replace the board. So what if it measured open?...

Can you describe more detailed what and how did you clean?

Did you perform the moister sensor test described on the page 1of the tech sheet? If you did, what was the result?

Can you describe more detailed how did you measure the resistance? What kind of meter did you use? How did you set it?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Maytag MED9800TQ0 ELECTRIC DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Jdfultonii  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:07:48 PM(UTC)
Jdfultonii

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Can you describe more detailed what and how did you clean?

Did you perform the moister sensor test described on the page 1of the tech sheet? If you did, what was the result?

Can you describe more detailed how did you measure the resistance? What kind of meter did you use? How did you set it?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Maytag MED9800TQ0 ELECTRIC DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

I did the normal cleaning. Took all of the ducts, lint trap, blower cover etc off and vacuumed and made sure the blower was as clean as possible. From what I can tell the moisture sensor is working correctly per the first page of the manual. I used a Digisnap volt/amp/ohm meter and set it to ohm/continuity. There was no continuity between the two posts which the manual implies there should be at a high resistance. Maybe my meter just isn't precise enough. All the other tests should be open (infinity). The last test I need to do is the temperature test to make sure it's not just cutting off too soon. Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:51:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Disconnect the vent hose from the dryer on the back and run a load. If the drying time will be the same, replace the control board (#53 on the diagram). Otherwise there is an air flow restriction in the vent line.

- The control board Part number: AP3775548
Part number: AP3775548

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply