Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rmelc1  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 1:25:42 PM(UTC)
Rmelc1

Groups: Registered

I'm having a problem with my dryer a Whirlpool Model# LGR4634JQ1 the timer does not advance nor is there any heat but does runand just tumble. Any advice would be apericated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

oliver28472  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:35:17 AM(UTC)
oliver28472

First, look at where the wires connect to the heating element. Mine had this trouble and one of those wires was burnt in two. Also look at where the wires connect to the motor. Had one there another time! If no wires burnt you need to check the heating element with an ohm meter. There are instructions on the top of the forum for that I think.
SUGARJR  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 12:10:45 PM(UTC)
SUGARJR

My Whirlpool Lgr4634jq2 Is Doing The Same Thing But Mine Heat Up On The First Start Not After .i Don't Know If Yours Is Gas Mine Is Take Off The Back Turn Off The Lights And Start The Dryer To See If You Element Lights If Not That Is You Problem Most Likey Then Check With Meter
mpickell  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:55:44 PM(UTC)
mpickell

I am having this same issue with the same machine.

I just got it (craigs list, for my camp) and i set it up at home to test it out. When i first turned it on, it was running and i felt heat. I came back a while later and noticed that i did not feel heat anymore. It was still running (without heat), but the timer was not advancing... I went out and cut the grass and the timer was in the same position when i came back in.

I have done no troubleshooting yet, i wanted to get some advice where to start.

One thing i noticed. As it ran, i started to hear a rattle. Then something would click in the dryer and the rattle would stop. A little while later, it would repeat.

Advice on troubleshooting this would be very much appreciated!! And in response to the reply from oliver28472, should I be worried if i find things like burnt wires?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply