Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeffrey H Steiger  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 5:46:37 AM(UTC)
Jeffrey H Steiger

Groups: Registered

Wires connecting the heater coil have melted off several times no matter what I've attempted to do to fix. I tightened all connectors and cleaned them well-I replaced the thermostat-I tested the resistance on the coil and it appeared to be about 50 ohms which is supposedly proper from what I've read. There does appear to be some continuity from each end of coil to ground but I don't know if that's normal. There is 240V across the coil inputs. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks,:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 5:35:10 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

did you check this continuity between each end of the coils to ground with the wires on or off ? make sure venting is clean and unrestricted...
Jeffrey H Steiger  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 3:36:04 PM(UTC)
Jeffrey H Steiger

Groups: Registered

Wires were off at time-Placed meter on the continuity sybol under resistance and whichever leg I touch I don't get any reading at this point. I placed the meter on the 200 setting for resistance and I get anywhere from 16-70 Ohms when I rub them with the testing ends. i thought maybe the terminals were loose but it doesn't appear that they ever loose resistance completely as would be the case if they were broken. I assume that ceramic block on top with the spade terminals is the fusable link that they speak of in troubleshooting? If that was bad might it cause this issue? Thanks for your input.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply