Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dcrenlop  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:51:32 PM(UTC)
dcrenlop

Groups: Registered

The dryer runs fine. According to Roper I baught it Arpil, 2008, so in terms of a dryer, it's relatively new.

The problem is that while the motor works well and is still strong, there is not heat coming from the dryer. Can you help with this situation? I am needing to know what I will need to fix it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:04:22 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You first need to check that you have 120 volts coming to each side of the connection block. You will need a meter to do this.

If you do have current, you will next need to check the thermal fuse/thermostats. If they check out, test the heater for continuity and make certain it is not grounded or broken.

These should solve your problem. Also clean out the venting system while you are in there

Good luck
oliver28472  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:29:01 AM(UTC)
oliver28472

Groups: Registered

Also look at the connections. Mine has quit heating a couple of times and the only problem was one of the wires burnt in two. Look at where the wires connect to the heating element and also on the centrifugal switch on the motor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply